Posted on May 24, 2012
WDWNT Reporter Adam Roth visited Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Magic Kingdom this past weekend, so let’s take a look at his photos, including an in-depth look at the Fantasyland model now on display at Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream:
Darth Vader cupcake
Adam had himself frozen in carbonite in the ABC sound Studio, former home of Sounds Dangerous
Pretty neat for $120
Star Wars Weekends merchandise is in the tent behind Rock ‘N’ Rollercoaster again, Darth’s Mall
The huge Fantasyland model has moved in at One Man’s Dream
Princess Fairytale Hall won’t change the exterior of Snow White too much according to the model
A sign explains the model to guests
Some stuff isn’t labeled, like Triton’s Treasures, Ariel’s Grotto, and some minor facilities like restrooms, food stands, etc.
Some interesting points to note from this artwork:
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow is the entire second tent towards the back and it appears it will remain a meet and greet experience only. We know Goofy should be there, but no other characters have been announced yet.
- The unlabeled building next to Pete’s Silly Sideshow is probably the Humphrey the Bear counter service location that has been rumored, but again, we have no further confirmation.
- You can make out the train lines that lead to the Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station if you look closely at Storybook Circus.
- Triton’s Treasures (the Little Mermaid gift shop) does not appear behind the Mine Train anymore, so it may be gone from the plans altogether.
- The unlabeled building between Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour Village Gifts is a restroom facility.
- You can see the track layout of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, including when it goes through the show building with the dark-ride type scenes.
So I guess they will be done by 2013 unofficially?
The Mine Train looks pretty awesome
A closer look at the Mine Train track layout
The recent rockwork expansion at Little Mermaid is present
Let’s take a look at the real thing
The two tents are covered
The Circus animals from the Splash ‘N’ Soak Station are peeking over the wall
A wall has appeared near the Silly Sideshow tent
A look over the walls at Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station