Posted on February 27, 2011
WDWNT’s own Cody Smith recently attended the “Love is Magical” pin event at Walt Disney World. How does this apply to Star Tours? Well, there was a pin preview board at the event, and Disney was showcasing some of the pins that will be released when Star Tours re-opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 20th and Disneyland Park June 3rd:
Now, the photo is not of the best quality, but we believe it reveals destinations guests will be traveling to in “Star Tours: The Adventures Continue”, and maybe even what will happen when they get there. The two announced locations of Coruscant and Tatooine are represented. The Tatooine poster pin even shows the Starspeeder 1000 getting stuck in a podrace, a scenario that has already been revealed. With this in mind, we believe the other 6 pins reveal more destinations and events that guests may experience randomly.
Let’s examine the posters in order from left to right:
- On Geonosis (a setting from Episode II), guests may be chased by Boba Fett and the Slave I vehicle.
- The second pin features Darth Vader and the Death Star, so we may be running into some friends from the Empire once again.
- Coruscant is the third poster, an already revealed location.
- Kashyyyk is the 4th poster, the home of Chewbacca. Since we noticed concept art that looked like this planet behind George Lucas in a Disney-released publicity shot from many months ago and were then told we will see Chewbacca along the way, this location is really no surprise. However, the poster clearly states that we will visit Treetop Villas, perhaps an inside joke about Disney’s Treehouse Villas?
- Hoth is the fifth planet poster. This snowy planet from Episode V has a poster featuring a Tauntauns and what we believe is a Wampa (the snow-monster that attacks Luke Skywalker).
- Tatooine is the sixth planet poster. The already revealed scenario where guests get stuck in the middle of a podrace is featured here, including famous racer Sebulba from Episode I.
- The seventh poster pin features Bespin, the cloud city from Episode V. You may remember Bespin was featured in the queue-area commercial Disney previewed last summer at Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando.
- The final poster pin features Naboo from the prequel trilogy. Home to Queen Amidala and the Gungans (including Jar Jar Binks), the Starapeeder 1000 may encounter a giant sea monster like the one featured in Episode I.
Again, these destinations are not confirmed, but the appearance of the Starspeeder 1000 in these scenes and the fact that several already announced locations & character encounters are featured leads us to the conclusion that these are spoilers for the new attraction. Stay tuned to WDW News Today as more information on “Star Tours: The Adventures Continue” becomes available.